Formica-coated MDF board is an industrial wood board consisting of a core of MDF and a surface coating of Formica panels. The product has high aesthetics, diverse colors of Formica sheet, good resistance to heat and chemicals.
Formica coated sheet is Laminate sheet, the scientific name is often called High-pressure Laminate (HPL). This is a high-grade synthetic plastic with many outstanding features such as heat resistance, impact resistance, anti-bacterial, good termites ...
Detailed structure of MDF Formica
This surface coating is composed of 3 layers:
- Overlay layer: Made from pure cellulose coated on the surface, it has a decorative effect while creating brightness and hardness, anti-scratch ...
Decorative paper layer: A layer of paper dipped with Melamine glue, then dipped in glue and pressed with Overlay at high temperature and pressure to keep the color of the Formica sheet.
– Kraft Papers layer: The layer at the bottom of the surface consists of many layers of paper that are compressed together by high temperature to make the Formica coating thick, flexible, tough and durable.
The core of MDF board is an industrial pressed wood made by linking wood fibers through a system of modern machines and processes, with standard adhesives. MDF wood core has moisture resistant type and normal wood core type.
So basically, MDF boards covered with Formica will have 2 forms: normal wood boards and moisture-proof wood boards corresponding to the wood core.
What are the advantages of Formica-coated MDF boards?
Formica-coated MDF boards have the advantages of Formica-coated panels and MDF wood core. Specifically:
– Wood planks have diverse and rich colors to meet the tastes and aesthetics, feng shui in the interior design of each family, office, stall, bringing elegance and class through each home. smallest detail.
– Formica-coated MDF board is flexible, moderate hardness, so it can be bent in sophisticated interior design such as cabinets, stalls, shelves…
The product line is resistant to scratches, heat, moisture, fading, bacteria accumulation, and the effects of floor cleaning chemicals, so it is very colorfast, has high stability, and age. extended lifespan.
– If it is a moisture-resistant MDF board with a blue core, its water resistance is very good.
– Formica-coated MDF boards of Quang Phat Wood do not contain toxic substances, safe even for families with young children.
- Good resistance to termites, does not shrink, swell or expand like natural wood.
- Fast construction, saving time.
– The price is cheaper than natural wood, suitable for many customers.
Using MDF covered with Laminate is one of the effective solutions to protect natural forests and limit illegal logging. Since then, protecting the living environment of people, making positive contributions to society.
What are the disadvantages of Formica-coated MDF boards?
– Compared to natural wood, Formica-coated MDF boards are cheaper, but compared to ordinary industrial wood boards, this product has a higher price.
– The quality of wooden planks will depend a lot on the gluing technique and production process. Therefore, manufacturers and families who want to buy quality products should choose a reputable, experienced production company that receives the trust of a large number of customers.
It can be said that MDF with Formica Laminate is one of the most advanced types of industrial wood boards, both meeting the criteria of durability, safety, economy, and aesthetics. Wood planks are widely used in the production of home furniture such as wardrobes, study tables, chairs, beds, kitchen cabinets, laminated photo frames, wooden floors, etc. Furniture for shops, restaurants, supermarkets…